Monday, September 6, 2010

THE START OF SOMETHING NEW

“If adventures will not befall a young lady in her own village, she must seek them abroad.” — Jane Austen, Northanger Abbey

...
And that is exactly what I did. I left for Korea to become an English teacher a week and a half ago without every having taught a class in my life, knowing next to nothing about my pseudo-home country its customs or culture, and not being able to read or speak one lick of Korean. And one adventure after another it has been. Thankfully, Dunkin' Donuts seems to be in abundance here, so if all the adjusting feels a bit overwhelming I'm just a couple steps and sips away from my salvation: iced coffee.

My intention with 38 and Below is to provide you with an honest portrait of my time abroad detailing the bizarre, exhilarating, rewarding and trying experience of living in Korea for the next 50 or so weeks. Ladies and gentlemen this is your invitation to fasten your seat belts, because we are all in for a bumpy ride!

xo, Justine

No comments:

Post a Comment